the good movie thread

The forum for posting pictures of cats with subtitles and other internet inanities.

Re: the good movie thread

Postby Cakes on Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:15 am

St. Vincent is pretty decent as well. Bill Murray is like scotch, getting better and better with age. Really solid performances from Melissa McCarthy, Naomi Watts, and the kid Jaeden Lieberher. Chris O'Dowd is always fucking funny. Pretty predictable story, but Murray is just that good. Good enough that everyone in the theater sat through the credits just to watch him be Bill Fucking Murray.
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they are genuine." - Napoleon Bonaparte
Cakes

Postby Cactipete on Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:15 pm

Nightcrawler is worth seeing.
Cactipete

Postby Bladeletters on Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:28 am

I watched Boyhood the other day, Linklater's new flick. It's a damn impressive undertaking, a movie shot over a 12 year period with the same actors as it follows the life of a boy from 6 years old to 18. Outside of that, I wasn't all that impressed with it. The movie had received some of the biggest critical praise I've seen in a long time. It has a 99% Rotten Tomato rating but I just didn't find it as interesting as it was trying to be.
It's Bloodletters, not Bladeletters!
Bladeletters

Postby Michael on Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:53 am

Interstellar is so so so so good.
Michael

Postby Cakes on Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:45 pm

Michael wrote:Interstellar is so so so so good.

See it in IMAX, if at all possible.

Spoiler: show
Oddly enough, my pain points with this movie are from plot holes, which is a good thing I suppose because I was hoping beyond hope that the science was fantastic (and it truly was). The sound design on this movie is truly incredible, everything from the dust storms to whipping winds on the outside of the cockpit. The parts of the movie that I had trouble swallowing science-wise were mostly alleviated by a bit of research after the show. Turns out I was wrong in some of my assumptions, which is a pretty spectacular thing to not only be entertained, but also be better informed. You won't get a greater understanding of physics by watching the new Fast and The Furious movie, that's for damn sure.

Overall, the movie is really quite good, and more than that, really quite an ambitious thing to film in the way he has. Reminds me a bit of Kubrik.
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they are genuine." - Napoleon Bonaparte
Cakes

Postby Megageist17 on Sun Apr 02, 2017 2:08 am

Hey cactipete its megageist remember me? do you still play W.o.W these days?
Megageist17

Postby Cactipete on Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:31 pm

I do not play WoW. I play DABLO or Overwatch. Still hang around Midwinter discord and shit.
Cactipete

Previous

Return to Whatever