the good movie thread

The forum for posting pictures of cats with subtitles and other internet inanities.

Re: the good movie thread

Postby Cactipete on Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:34 am

Gaurdians of the Galaxy was fun. Obviously its a comic book movie so it is what it is, but I really enjoyed watching this movie.
Cactipete

Postby Cakes on Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:10 pm

Yeah, I enjoyed it too. It's not trying to take itself too seriously, and the music complemented everything in the movie. I also really enjoyed the post-credit scene that trolled the entire theater.
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they are genuine." - Napoleon Bonaparte
Cakes

Postby Ryethe on Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:06 pm

I think the main point of that scene was to show that a certain character is alive. That said if guardians is an indication, I feel like marvel could make it work (honestly feel like they could make anything work at this point).

Loved the movie. Funny and fun from the get go. I loved how any time anyone tried to get too serious or clichéd something would happen to break it up.

Bautista as Drax was also a nice surprise. Apparently the guy took 6 months of acting classes after he heard he got the part. Loved his character. And groot man, fucking groot...

Honestly super excited to live in a time when I'll get to see this epic arch of movies play out. Thank god marvel got the rights back to most of their franchises.

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
Ryethe
Councilor

Postby Cakes on Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:35 pm

Watched Enemy last night, and I'm really not sure what to think about it. It's by the same guy that did Prisoners, and Jake Gyllenhaal does a great job again. However, there really isn't any hand holding and it seems to be a movie that you have to watch multiple times to fully understand. Definitely has a "What the fuck!?" ending.
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they are genuine." - Napoleon Bonaparte
Cakes

Postby Michael on Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:41 am

Jerrycakes wrote:Im pretty sure Pixar films and Marvel are teaming up and actually going to make a reboot of this movie. I thought it was a troll too. With what happened to the collectors room I guess it makes sense lol.

http://www.inquisitr.com/1388718/howard ... -question/

sounds more like a troll
Last edited by Michael on Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Michael

Postby Cactipete on Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:03 am

Why did you quote me? I want to delete my post now.
Cactipete

Postby Andre on Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:38 pm

Guardians was cool

Highlight to me was the raccoon, Bradley Cooper did a great job. Plus great CGI
Andre

Postby Michael on Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:56 am

fixed it for you pete <3
Michael

Postby Nessers on Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:08 pm

For those of you whom enjoy Stanley Kubrick films...

40% his essential classics on iTunes!
https://itunes.apple.com/us/movie-colle ... d903208664

Guess who's down 50 bucks :|
Nessers

Postby Andre on Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:46 pm

Probably neither here nor there but Robin Williams' death struck a chord in me.

Kinda depressing to think someone so joyful is capable of killing themselves.
Andre

Postby Nessers on Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:00 am

Andre wrote:Probably neither here nor there but Robin Williams' death struck a chord in me.

Kinda depressing to think someone so joyful is capable of killing themselves.

With me as well.
Nessers

Postby gwystyl on Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:30 am

Bipolar disorder is real, and Robin Williams was its latest famous victim.
gwystyl

Postby Cakes on Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:42 pm

I got to see him a few years ago when he was on Broadway. He was playing a tiger that gets shot, dies, and wanders around as a ghost, wondering what the point of life is/was. I hope he's found peace now.
Cakes

Postby Cakes on Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:40 pm

Watched Killer Joe last night. Never thought I'd see an erotic scene based around KFC.
Cakes

Postby gwystyl on Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:25 pm

Cakes wrote:... Never thought I'd see an erotic scene based around KFC.

Has it been that long since you last spoke with Pete?
gwystyl

Postby Cakes on Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:37 pm

The new Sin City is... not good. I'm not sure what I expected, but it's not really that similar to the first one other than style, which they also fucked with. Go if you want to see Eva Green naked a lot, I guess.

Joe on the other hand, is quite good. Horribly depressing for the first hour, but good. Nic Cage seems to have a decent movie every decade or so, and he's pretty good in this movie. Tye Sheridan is great as well, I'm excited to see this guy in many more movies in the coming years.

Locke A pretty solid movie for only having one real location. Tom Hardy is great, as usual, and there's some really skilled voice acting to supplement.
Cakes

Postby Pisshands on Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:54 pm

Cakes wrote:if you want to see Eva Green naked a lot

She is pretty gorgeous.
Pisshands

Postby Michael on Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:45 am

Pisshands wrote:
Cakes wrote:if you want to see Eva Green naked a lot

She is pretty gorgeous.

seeing it asap
Michael

Postby Cakes on Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:48 pm

Man, been awhile since we've added to this.

Nightcrawler is creepy and Gyllenhaal does a pretty outstanding job. I've been really impressed with his movies in the past year.

Fury was pretty amazing, in my opinion. The battle scenes were very tense, the effects were well done, and it was one of the best war movies I've seen for capturing how amazingly brutal infantry warfare could be. Not sure if I care for the ending, but I can't fault the entire movie for that.

Gone Girl was all sorts of deliciously fucked up. I haven't read the book, but I'm told the movie didn't miss the mark by much, if at all. Rosamund Pike is scary good.

John Wick is really dumb, but did have some good points overall. Substantially better than The Equalizer.

Haven't gotten to see Birdman yet, sadly.

Watched Trollhunter the other day on Netflix, and it's surprisingly not a waste of time. Really well-filmed, and not nearly as stupid as I thought it would be.
Cakes

Postby Michael on Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:57 pm

Cakes wrote:Man, been awhile since we've added to this.

Nightcrawler is creepy and Gyllenhaal does a pretty outstanding job. I've been really impressed with his movies in the past year.

Fury was pretty amazing, in my opinion. The battle scenes were very tense, the effects were well done, and it was one of the best war movies I've seen for capturing how amazingly brutal infantry warfare could be. Not sure if I care for the ending, but I can't fault the entire movie for that.

Gone Girl was all sorts of deliciously fucked up. I haven't read the book, but I'm told the movie didn't miss the mark by much, if at all. Rosamund Pike is scary good.

John Wick is really dumb, but did have some good points overall. Substantially better than The Equalizer.

Haven't gotten to see Birdman yet, sadly.

Watched Trollhunter the other day on Netflix, and it's surprisingly not a waste of time. Really well-filmed, and not nearly as stupid as I thought it would be.

I agree with all of this. I didn't like fury as much because it was so cookie-cutter and predictable. Birdman is very, very unique but that doesn't mean it's good. I have to think more about it. Gone Girl is probably the best movie I've seen this year.
Michael

PreviousNext

Return to Whatever