The Rise and Rise of Midwinter

The forum for posting pictures of cats with subtitles and other internet inanities.

Re: The Rise and Rise of Midwinter: 5 Years in the Making

Postby Molark on Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:34 pm

Feist wrote:
Michael wrote:
gwystyl wrote:I was going to make child-sized warglaives and place them at his "Dol Ja Bi." Koreans celebrate children's 1st birthdays by having a big gathering where we array things in front of the child to see what they pick. That forecasts their future. The traditional 3 items are:
Thread (or rice) for long life
Money for wealth
Scholar's brush for academia

2 less common items, yet still traditional are:
Medallion with horses for government service
Bow and arrow for leadership / forthrightness / morality

I added a soccer ball (who knows, he could be the next Messi). I was going to have small glaives made instead of the bow and arrow but Sunnie veto'd.
:(

My son chose the scholar's brush in the end.

So he's gonna did young?

And poor!

Scholar's brush should be mandatorily glued to all the other items.
Molark

Postby gwystyl on Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:18 pm

Molark wrote:Scholar's brush should be mandatorily glued to all the other items.

I'm pretty sure it only needs to be glued to the stethoscope and gavel, which are very popular modern day adds.
gwystyl

The Rise and Rise of Midwinter: 5 Years in the Making

Postby Malrik on Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:41 pm

In the end, he chose the Nostromo N52.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Malrik

Postby Repression on Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:47 am

i opened up mmo-champion and I see midwinter as the ptr featured guild

ppl want to talk about world rankings and shit, but to me, that was the moment that I paused and said, 'wow, they really have arrived'

too bad i only know about 3 ppl in the guild anymore...thank god for that alumni rank on the roster page tho, to keep outdated folks like me grounded.

roids, i guarantee i can still multi-dot like a champion bro!

keep winning folks, happy to have been a part, once upon a time (i prob typed with proper grammar/punctuation back then too)
Repression

Postby Dpsonroids on Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:04 am

LOL whats up dude are you a judge yet,

ill be the clerk for clarence thomas 2.0
Dpsonroids
Guild Master

The Rise and Rise of Midwinter: 5 Years in the Making

Postby Malrik on Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:42 am

Judge Fudge

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Malrik

Postby Morsexier on Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:19 am

Repression wrote:i opened up mmo-champion and I see midwinter as the ptr featured guild

ppl want to talk about world rankings and shit, but to me, that was the moment that I paused and said, 'wow, they really have arrived'

too bad i only know about 3 ppl in the guild anymore...thank god for that alumni rank on the roster page tho, to keep outdated folks like me grounded.

roids, i guarantee i can still multi-dot like a champion bro!

keep winning folks, happy to have been a part, once upon a time (i prob typed with proper grammar/punctuation back then too)

Morsexier

Postby Repression on Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:20 am

I'll admit...I laughed.

Hope everyone is doing well.
Repression

Postby Cakes on Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:42 pm

Happy 7th Birthday, MW! Thanks to all the members past and present that made and continue to make this guild awesome. You all rock.

Except Mikeal and Malrik.
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they are genuine." - Napoleon Bonaparte
Cakes

Postby Michael on Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:18 pm

aw fuck you jerry

Michael

Postby DumbleTheUnbanned on Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:14 am

I didn’t know where else to put this so I figured this was a good spot. I couldn’t sleep, saw a new wow expansion had been announced, and ended up here. The moment I see anything wow related I get filled with grief at the way I departed Midwinter. I was an ICC raider who left very abruptly after Lich King was downed. At that moment, my life outside wow wasn’t in the best spot (doing great now!) and to avoid anymore fights with my family I decided to immediately stop playing. Then some time later when I was snooping around on the forums, I got into purple’s forum and email accounts using information I wasn’t supposed to have. So I just wanted to offer one final apology to Purple, Roids, Gondlem and anyone else this action may have affected. I thought I was being funny and people were going to laugh when in reality I was just an immature dick. I really loved my time in Midwinter even though I was only in it for ICC and still to this day, am sad I didn’t part on good terms with the guild. I was in some random pug group on a random server when Gwystyl, Gondlem, and Pete took a chance on me and it was one of the most satisfying experiences I’ve had. So thank you for the good times and I hope I may be forgiven. Best of luck and happy trails to everyone.
DumbleTheUnbanned

Postby Cactipete on Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:18 pm

You annoyed the shit out of me in the past, but I appreciate your post. I forgive you and hold no grudge for past bullshit. Everyone has their reasons for quitting. In the future, giving whoever notice will go a long way for anyone who invests in you.
Cactipete

Postby Andre on Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:23 am

DumbleTheUnbanned wrote:I didn’t know where else to put this so I figured this was a good spot. I couldn’t sleep, saw a new wow expansion had been announced, and ended up here. The moment I see anything wow related I get filled with grief at the way I departed Midwinter. I was an ICC raider who left very abruptly after Lich King was downed. At that moment, my life outside wow wasn’t in the best spot (doing great now!) and to avoid anymore fights with my family I decided to immediately stop playing. Then some time later when I was snooping around on the forums, I got into purple’s forum and email accounts using information I wasn’t supposed to have. So I just wanted to offer one final apology to Purple, Roids, Gondlem and anyone else this action may have affected. I thought I was being funny and people were going to laugh when in reality I was just an immature dick. I really loved my time in Midwinter even though I was only in it for ICC and still to this day, am sad I didn’t part on good terms with the guild. I was in some random pug group on a random server when Gwystyl, Gondlem, and Pete took a chance on me and it was one of the most satisfying experiences I’ve had. So thank you for the good times and I hope I may be forgiven. Best of luck and happy trails to everyone.

dude I liked you
Andre

Postby Kyal on Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:34 am

I actually cried slightly when I saw my name on the full list on the roster.

Vanilla WoW:
Back in vanilla WoW, Midwinter was apart of a Guild called Mystic Bond. It was probably as average a raiding guild as you could get. They we're about halfway through BWL when I joined, but I could tell that this guild was different from the others, just in the way they talked to each other. We had different strats to make up for our short comings in certain areas of our raid composition.

We had a lot of fun together. Doing this like world bosses with other guilds, and overall being well liked by others.

Unfortunately, we were not able to get further than 3 bosses (I think?) in Naxx. About a month or less before BC came out, the guild split over philosophical issues. When you have that many people in a guild, it can be difficult to have everyone on the same page.

That's when we came over to create Midwinter. It was created by Steve, our former GM, and was filled with about 1/3 to 1/2 of the Mystic Bond players. I doubt that anyone of us starting out could have imagined MW turning into the guild that it has become, but I am glad I was able to help start something that has lasted the lengths of time further on than its players.

P.S. I still have seen more legendary weapons (Hammer of Rags, Thunderfury, War Glaves x6) more than I saw the damn moonkin boots from BT.....Fuck BT.
Kyal

Postby Sammson on Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:50 am

Gondlem wrote:- The wheel of Paladin MTs. Jerrycakes, Sammson, Noravis, Slootbag... we always seem to end up with a pink MT with all the confidence you need in a main tank and maybe a little extra. Each of them was an awesome player who showed up exactly when we needed them though, and literally every important kill in Midwinter history has a paladin tank in the screenshot.

I only wish I could have stayed longer. Life happened in a big way, but I still feel bad about how I left. Good to see you guys are tearing it up.

Thanks for the shout-out! You were too kind to me when I joined. Gwystyl, Jerry, Pete, Jelly, Gondlem, Fusoya, Roids, Purple, Malrik, Kras...and so many more, whose names escape me. You're alright :-P

Gondlem wrote:- The Reech sandbox tiger incident. The week before we killed Algalon, we'd had a couple of low percentage wipes, including hitting the enrage with most of the raid up and dying to that post-enrage big bang. With six minutes on the hour timer we rush back for one final, most likely futile attempt, and while we quickly get food buffs in the doorway, Skrag throws down a sandbox tiger. Reech accidentally clicks on it and then can't work out how to leave a vehicle, resulting in the timeless image of his druid rocking back and forth while we counted down the pull on vent, and Reech's desperate yells of "I CAN'T GET OFF".

I remember that! I might have still been on the trial part of my application then. I laughed so hard it hurt...Just watching this druid stuck on this tiger rocking back and forth...priceless!
Sammson

Postby Xandrellas on Fri Jun 06, 2014 1:22 pm

Reech geeking out on vent was so GD funny.

The shouts of "PRESS 5 on your fucking keypad, dude!" and his desperation.

Ahh that's a scrapbook moment.
So much fun killing Algalon the first time w/MW as a trial. Roids, Kras and I went to work
Xandrellas

Postby Michael on Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:57 pm

Sammson wrote:Gwystyl, Jerry, Pete, Jelly, Gondlem, Fusoya, Roids, Purple, Malrik, Kras...and so many more, whose names escape me.

DICK
Michael

Postby Sammson on Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:38 pm

Michael wrote:
Sammson wrote:Gwystyl, Jerry, Pete, Jelly, Gondlem, Fusoya, Roids, Purple, Malrik, Kras...and so many more, whose names escape me.

DICK

Gotta give me credit for remembering that many names after five years! :-)
Sammson

Postby gwystyl on Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:52 pm

Sammson! Thanks for checking back in. Hope that you're on a good track in life now, man.
gwystyl

Postby Yawkey on Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:24 pm

Sup guys.
Yawkey

PreviousNext

Return to Whatever