Request for Stenhaldi's Wisdom

The forum for posting pictures of cats with subtitles and other internet inanities.

Request for Stenhaldi's Wisdom

Postby Negranda on Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:29 am

I'm Negranda, and I'm usually a tank and have been following Slootbag for a long time to master my tank. However, I have slid into a dps role and have began playing kitty. Stenhaldi, you are hands-down one of the, if not the, best feral druid in the world. And I don't mean that in a kiss ass way, I mean it in a respectful way for your absolute skill at playing feral. I've been playing feral for a month or so, and I've spent a lot of time trying to master this spec. However, I've hit a roadblock. I'm a solid feral, and parse high or middle of the road. I know there are aspects that I'm not aware of or have not yet grasped. That is why I am posting in this forum today, to get your attention and request your expertise to assist in bettering myself to where I can play at a top tier level. If you have the time, I would love to have a chance to talk to you and figure out what I am missing out on. If not that much, I will post my armory and logs here if you don't mind reviewing them and posting your thoughts. Either way, thank you so much for reading and taking the time to reply if you do so.

Gratefully, Negranda. (Divinebeard#1466)

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/a ... nda/simple

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/c ... 032/latest
Negranda

Re: Request for Stenhaldi's Wisdom

Postby Stenhaldi on Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:38 am

Here are some remarks:

1) Don't consume your predatory swiftness procs right away! The ideal way to use bloodtalons is to build 4-5 combo points and then cast healing touch, so that you can use one of the bloodtalons charges on a finisher (rip or ferocious bite). (The other will usually be a rake, unless you already have bloodtalons on a rake and expect to get it again before you need to refresh.) If you're having any difficulty generating 4 combo points before your predatory swiftness expires, try casting your finishers at high energy when possible (that way you'll have more energy to regenerate those combo points).
2) Cast incarnation before berserk. There are a couple of reasons for this. a) Incarnation consumes a GCD, and you don't want to waste any of your GCDs inside berserk. b) You want to cast incarnation at high energy (to maximize the amount of energy you can spend inside incarnation), but you usually want to berserk at medium-to-low energy so that you won't cap. My cooldown sequence is usually to cast incarnation at high energy, use some abilities, then at medium energy (without bloodlust) or low energy (with bloodlust) I'll cast berserk and then tiger's fury. In the opener I actually just precast incarnation before the pull, though it's also fine to cast it right after your opening rake (but you shouldn't wait longer).
3) Try to keep thrash up against 2 targets. It's lower priority than rake (or moonfire), but better than shred. Also, take lunar inspiration for Twin Ogron, and treat moonfire roughly equally with rake.
4) If you have dream of cenarius, you want to cast all of your healing touches on other players. If you're not doing this (not accustomed to it, don't have the UI set up, or whatever) then you should just take nature's vigil instead. I just use a basic mouseover macro to cast healing touch on other players:
Code: Select all
#showtooltip Healing Touch
/cast [@mouseover] Healing Touch
/use 3
I use that sort of macro for rejuvenation too.

I'll add your battle tag in case you have further questions.
Stenhaldi

Re: Request for Stenhaldi's Wisdom

Postby katerra on Tue May 12, 2015 5:39 pm

katerra

Return to Whatever